(Jireh Car Hire & Travel Namibia, herewith on referred to as JCHT.)
25% non-refundable deposit required to confirm booking. Remainder of payment payable 7 days prior to intended collection of vehicle.
- Vehicle operation guidelines
- Please do not engage 4×4 and/or lock the differentials on any of the all-terrain vehicles when on any tar road or when the vehicle is in motion. This will result in damage the transfer case and or differentials.
- Travel during the hours of darkness outside of any urban areas will negate insurance cover. Not permitted outside of Suburban areas.
- Check the tire pressures every morning before departing. Mechanical breakdown due to negligence is not covered by insurance and will be for your account. This includes the burning of clutch (where applicable)
- Towing of another vehicle is forbidden.
- The renter shall be liable for all fines or penalties for all traffic fines during the rental period.
- If you are involved in an accident (including a collision with an animal), please ensure that you follow prescribed traffic laws. Please report the accident to us as soon as possible. An accident report should be presented upon return. Please call +264 81 292 9338
- Extending your rental period
- To extend your rental, please notify JCHT 48 hours (2 days) prior to the original contract’s expiry date, failing to do so will cause your insurance cover to lapse. Returns of vehicles later than 17:00 will be charged at an extra days rent.
- Breakdown & Roadside Assistance
- Assistance will be provided. Where a vehicle cannot be repaired, JCHT will arrange for a replacement vehicle to be delivered to you within 48 hours of the occurrence.
- Vehicle exchanges due to mechanical failure will only commence once a regional service supplier declares the vehicle not repairable within 9 hours from time of reporting the breakdown. Cost of damages inflicted to vehicles through negligence by the renter, will not be covered by insurance. (as stated by section one)
- JCHT will not pay or refund accommodation/meals/delays incurred during the exchanges.
- Cross Border Rental
- No vehicle may be taken out of Namibia without prior authorization and a valid cross border permit.
- With the correct paperwork travelling is permitted to Botswana and South Africa. In Zambia and Zimbabwe travel is restricted to Victoria Falls and Livingstone area only.
Utmost care is taken to prepare the vehicle for cross border transportation, therefor JCHT will not be held liable for any inconveniences/penalties executed by border officials or it’s affiliates.
- Returning the Vehicle
- Please ensure the keys are handed to JCHT personnel only.
- JCHT is not liable for any losses incurred by the client due to missed flights.
- It is the client’s responsibility to allow ample time to return to the point of departure and allow for any possible delays along the way.
- Rental Includes:
- Unlimited kilometres
- Standard vehicle accessories
- Rental Excludes:
- Camping Equipment deposit (N$3 000/vehicle)
- Breakdown, road-side assistance and recovery charges resulting from negligence.
- A rental day is calculated on a 24-hour cycle which starts from the time of pick up.
- Damage/loss claim.
- Cross border fees available at request.
- Refuelling is at renters account.
- A valid and unendorsed license must be produced by all drivers
- License must be legible and either in English or with certified English translation or an international Drivers License
- The minimum age for authorized drivers is 23 years.
- The vehicle may not be driven by anyone other than the renter or specified additional driver as recorded on the rental agreement.
- If the vehicle is driven by anyone other than the renter, then, the renter shall remain liable for all his/her obligations in terms of this agreement and in particular he/she shall be liable to the lessor as if he/she had been the driver.
- JCHT strongly recommends that clients have their own insurance cover, for any possible medical emergencies, loss of personal possessions (baggage), cancellations and personal injury or death due to an accident.
- A non-refundable claim administration fee, assessors’ fees and towing charges are payable by the client and are not included in any of the waiver charges and is payable irrespective of who/what caused the incident.
- Although our vehicles have full comprehensive insurance, the renter is still liable for the full damage to the JCHT vehicle if caused by negligence or road conditions not suitable for the vehicle or driving in riverbeds and through water or driving on any terrain or road which has no road numbers as well as over speeding. (please see section 1)
The following is not covered by insurance:
- Personal Property
- Personal injury/death
- Camping equipment (if applicable)
- Sandstorm and water damage
- Underbody or roof-damage
- The clutch, in the case of the clutch being burned out / damaged
- Third party property damage including accommodation bookings done by the customer
- Tire and windscreen damage
11.Factors that will negate all cover
Clients will be fully responsible for full excess as per insurance of JCHT in the case of over speeding/reckless driving
- Driving on sand dunes or beach
- Loss of or damage to vehicle number plates.
- Failing of authorization to extend the rental.
- Not reporting an accident or loss to the nearest Namibia Police Station and JCHT immediately (within 24 hours)
- Criminal acts. (e.g. driving under the influence of alcohol or any illegal substance).
- Negligent or reckless driving. (including over speeding)
- Driving on roads where the condition of the road is not suitable for the type of vehicle being used.
- Driving off road (unmarked roads)
- Unauthorized drivers. Unauthorized Cross border travel.
- Not being able to produce keys in case of theft.
- Exceeding speed limit of 120 km/h on National Roads and 80km/h on gravel roads or the set limit when such is lower than the afore mentioned speed restrictions.
- If any baggage or valuables are left in plain view and the vehicles are broken into, the damage caused will be for the clients account.
12.Excess & Security Deposit
- A camping equipment deposit will be required from the client (where camping equipment is applicable) in the case of loss of damage to the camping equipment. Deposit will be refunded within a period of 7 days which allows JCHT time to properly check all of the equipment and request replace/repairing costs of damaged/lost equipment. In the events where clients pay cash, funds will be transferred electronically. 5% handling fee will be charged for cash deposits.
- Penalty for smoking in the vehicle N$ 1000.00
- The fuel tank must be at the same level as when the vehicle was received. (Please note some vehicles have double fuel tanks, make sure both are filled up)
- Traffic fines are for your own account.
- We reserve the right to substitute vehicles with a similar vehicle.
- Young driver’s surcharge (23-25 years) N$ 150/day)
- Tire pressure and surfaces must be checked at regular intervals and be inflated according to the prescription on the vehicle’s statistics sheets. Any tire loss, repairs or damage during the rental period will be for the renters account. Be aware that over or under inflation results in extreme damage or loss of tires. Please keep the tires at 1.8 bars.
- JCHT do not accept tubes, patched or secondhand tires in the event of damaged or lost tyres.
- The client must refrain from driving in sandstorms as the increased speed by moving the vehicles enhance damage caused to the glass by airborne sand particles
- Drive on the left side
- Adhere to the speed limits
- Always Keep your headlights on
- Always Lock the canopy doors
- Do not stop for anyone alongside the road